The following presentations were developed by UPnP Forum and are provided for reference purposes.
These presentations can be used as background information as well as used in total or in part in your own presentation on the UPnP initiative.
UPnP: The Discovery & Service Layer For The Internet of Things (April 2015)
Leveraging UPnP+: The Next Generation of Universal Interoperability (April 2015)
Making The Smart Home Smarter With UPnP Technologies (April 2015)
|UPnP Enabling Standard IoT: Future-proofing device communications
|UPnP® Remote Access - Connecting Two Home or Small Business Networks
|UPnP® Technologies for the Smart Grid-Enabled Home
|UPnP® Device Management - Simplify The Administration of Your Devices
|UPnP® Certified Technology—Your Simple Solution for Home, Office and Small Business interoperability
|UPnP Technology – The Simple, Seamless Home Network
UPnP Design By Example by Michael Jeronimo and Jack Weast.
This book is primarily a resource for software developers who are implementing UPnP technology in their products. It also provides an introduction for those who are new to the technology. This book covers:
- Basic UPnP concepts such as control points, devices, and services
- Protocols that form the foundation of the UPnP architecture
- An example of how to develop a UPnP device from start to finish
- The latest topics, such as UPnP Audio/Video and Simple Control Protocol (SCP)
The book is accompanied by a CD-ROM which contains:
- C-language code for all examples presented in the book
- Complete UPnP specifications and related documents
- The Intel SDK for UPnP Devices for Linux, including source code and binaries
- Tools to view and interact with any UPnP device, to monitor UPnP protocols, and to generate XML device descriptions