Below are the steps for OCF certification:
- Become an OCF Member, pay the applicable annual membership fee (e.g. $2,000 USD for Gold Membership), and sign the OCF Certification Mark and Licensing Agreement.
- Applicant vendor submits below information to the OCF Certification Body:
- Device and contact information
- Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS)
- Preferred OCF Authorized Test Laboratory (ATL)
- Upon approval of above information by OIC, applicant vendor sends their candidate OCF device to the selected ATL.
- ATL executes the tests according to the test plan and provides test logs to OCF Certification Body.
- If the device passes, vendor receives a certificate of conformity for that particular device. The certificate authorizes the vendor to use the certification mark on the certified device and in associated marketing material, according to the OCF Logo Usage Guidelines.
If the device fails, the vendor is notified of the failure and reason, no certificate is issued, and the vendor may not market the device as OCF-certified. The vendor is welcome to alter the device and retest.
OCF members who are interested in testing their devices are encouraged to attend an OCF Plugfest. More information can be found on the members-only site.