OCF Specifications Under IPR Review
October 16, 2020 – December 15, 2020
On October 16, 2020, the Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. posted the following specifications and CRs for 60-day member IPR review. The review period will close on December 15, 2020 at 5:00pm Pacific Time. Comments can be submitted to OCF Administration and will be reviewed by the relevant Work Groups.
Draft Specifications and CRs for 60-day Member IPR Review – OCF “Ipanema”
- Resource Type
- CR 3401 - add new contaminanttype to airquality resource
- CR 3404 – Add UVA & UVB sensor resource
- CR 2020 - restricting functionality in an implementation of an existing resource type
- CR 3400 - generic measurement sensor
- CR 3415 - New Resource Type to represent Civic Location
- CR 3405 – Colour Rendering Index resource
- CR 3406 - new data model for measuring environmental sound
- Security Specification
- CR 2640 - DOXM support for multicast and query using"owned" is not documented nor in schemas
- CR 3258 - End-to-End Security (OBT Spec changes)
- CR 1967 - Distributed Key Management for Secure Multicast
- CR 1657 - End-to-End Security (Security Spec)
- CR 3276 - OBT: change psk_identity_hint field for Random PIN OTM
- CR 3047 – Writing “oxmsel” and “owned”
- CR 2335 - Clarify when OBT loses "admin" privileges during onboarding
- CR 3059 – Prohibiting update of "deviceuuid", "devowneruuid" and "rowneruuid" of DOXM when no DOC
- CR 3312 - Cloud de-registration with no Device ID
- CR 3305 - Devices shall limit exposed network ports
- Core Specification
- CR 3402 - Add tag-locn (Location Description) Semantic Tag
- CR 2830 - Specify an Error Diagnostic Payload
- CR 3266 - discovery through /.well-known/core
- CR 2807 - Intended use of Query parameters can be ambiguous
- CR 2563 - Clarification of CoAP bindings to CRUDN operations
- CR 3184 - Clarify Mandatory Common Properties "rt" and "if" and Relationship (view) on the Wire
- CR 3315 - What happens if a server encounters unexpected query parameters?
- Device Specification
- Open API for Cloud Services Specification
- Wi-Fi Easy Setup Specification
- Device to Cloud Services
Each member shall have sixty (60) days to review the above referenced draft CRs pursuant to the terms of the Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc.’s Intellectual Policy Rights Policy (the “IPR Policy”). Pursuant to Section 4.2 of the IPR Policy, Members seeking to exclude Necessary Claims from the Royalty Free License Grant in accordance with Section 4.1 of the IPR Policy must provide a complete and timely written notice of such intent (an “RF Exclusion Notice”) to the Executive Director utilizing the form linked no later than the deadline noted above.
Any comments received during this review period will be posted at: https://workspace.openconnectivity.org/kws/docsreview/.
For any questions related to these drafts, please contact OCF Administration.
Draft Candidate Specification Legal Disclaimer
THESE ARE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS ONLY AND HAVE NOT BEEN ADOPTED BY THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION. THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN REVIEW OF THE CURRENT STATE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS. THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION AND ITS MEMBERS RESERVE THE RIGHT WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU TO CHANGE ANY OR ALL PORTIONS HEREOF, DELETE PORTIONS HEREOF, MAKE ADDITIONS HERETO, DISCARD THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY OR OTHERWISE MODIFY THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS AT ANY TIME. YOU SHOULD NOT AND MAY NOT RELY UPON THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. IMPLEMENTATION OF THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AMEND AND IT IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY LICENSING GRANTS OR COMMITMENTS UNDER THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS POLICY OR OTHERWISE. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION GRANTING YOU ACCESS TO THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS, YOU DO HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ASSOCIATED HEREWITH INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE CLAIMS DISCUSSED BELOW, AS WELL AS CLAIMS OF DETRIMENTAL RELIANCE.
The OCF logo is a trademark of Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. in the United States or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Copyright © 2016-2019 Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copying or other form of reproduction and/or distribution of these works are strictly prohibited.