How To Certify A UPnP Device
- Gain UPnP Certification rights by doing one of the following:
- Become an OCF Member, and pay the applicable annual membership fee (e.g. $2,000 USD for Gold Membership), and sign the UPnP Certification Testing and Licensing Agreement.
- Become a Non-Member Licensee by signing the UPnP Certification Testing and Licensing Agreement, Application Form, and paying the $5,000 USD annual fee.
- NOTE: former UPnP Forum Implementer members whose membership term is still valid can certify UPnP devices until the end of their term in 2016.
- Access the certification test tool via the UPnP Certification Site.
- Run the test tool at your own facility or at a 3rd party test house.
- Submit the test logs, along with Web-based device registration form, to the Test Reviewer.
Note: Your company must submit a device registration form for each device. Visit the UPnP Certification Site for additional information.
- Once you have submitted the test logs and device registration forms, the Test Reviewer reviews the test logs and contacts you with testing results.
Note: The review may require up to five (5) working days; however, two working days is our goal.
- If the device passes, your company receives a certificate of conformity for that particular device. The certificate authorizes your company to use the certification mark on the certified device and in associated marketing material, according to the Implementer Membership Addendum and the Logo Usage Guidelines document and FAQ, which are accessible via the UPnP Certification Site).
If the device fails, your company is notified of the failure and reason, no certificate is issued, and your company may not market the device as UPnP-certified. Your company is welcome to alter the device and retest.