OCF Specifications Under IPR Review
December 3, 2019 – February 1, 2020
On December 3, 2019, the Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. posted the following specifications and CRs for 60-day member IPR review. The review period will close on February 1, 2020 at 5:00pm Pacific Time. Comments can be submitted to OCF Administration and will be reviewed by the relevant Work Groups.
Draft Specifications and CRs for 60-day Member IPR Review – OCF “Gaborone”
- Core Specification
- CR 2815 - Adding "oic.if.b" (batch) OCF Interface support for RETRIEVE on "oic.wk.res"
- CR 3051 - Make all examples non OCF Vertical Resources Centric
- CR 3063 - Editorial Correction to the examples of the OCF Interface (section7.6）
- CR 3098 - A shortened notation for Resource Property
- CR 3173 - Replace "meta properties" with "common properties"
- Core Optional Specification
- Device Specification
- OCF Resource to EnOcean Mapping Specification
- Onboarding Tool
- Resource Type Specification
- CR 2484 - Media Content Only
- CR 3003 - New Resource for capacity of HVAC systems
- CR 3041 - Add Property “triggertiming” and “state” to “Time Period” resource
- CR 3155 - Replace Non unicode text in description of Torque.swagger.json
- CR 3158 - A new resource type for Restricted Switch
- CR 3163 - Defining BodyCompositionAnalyserAM.swagger.json
- Security Specification
- CR 2030 - What does DPC and DPK mean (EXPLICITLY)
- CR 2040 - Can a Client add a roles certificate that does not match its public key?
- CR 2725 - Random PIN OTM Clairfications
- CR 2732 - Disallow Point Compression on Elliptic Curve Public Keys
- CR 2950 - Mandatory credential types: PSK and certificate
- CR 3035 - Event Logging for OCF Devices
- CR 3090 - Additional texts for EnOcean Bridging Security
- CR 3096 - Deprecate dos.p
- CR 3146 - Clarify the normative text on "/oic/sec/pstat" Resource in clause 13.8 of OCF 2.0.5 Security Specification
- CR 3149 - New Resource Type for Event Logging
- CR 3150 - List of Auditable Events
- CR 3091 - Remove unsupported ciphersuites
Each member shall have sixty (60) days to review the above referenced draft CRs pursuant to the terms of the Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc.’s Intellectual Policy Rights Policy (the “IPR Policy”). Pursuant to Section 4.2 of the IPR Policy, Members seeking to exclude Necessary Claims from the Royalty Free License Grant in accordance with Section 4.1 of the IPR Policy must provide a complete and timely written notice of such intent (an “RF Exclusion Notice”) to the Executive Director utilizing the form linked no later than the deadline noted above.
Any comments received during this review period will be posted at: https://workspace.openconnectivity.org/kws/docsreview/.
For any questions related to these drafts, please contact OCF Administration.
Draft Candidate Specification Legal Disclaimer
THESE ARE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS ONLY AND HAVE NOT BEEN ADOPTED BY THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION. THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN REVIEW OF THE CURRENT STATE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS. THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION AND ITS MEMBERS RESERVE THE RIGHT WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU TO CHANGE ANY OR ALL PORTIONS HEREOF, DELETE PORTIONS HEREOF, MAKE ADDITIONS HERETO, DISCARD THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY OR OTHERWISE MODIFY THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS AT ANY TIME. YOU SHOULD NOT AND MAY NOT RELY UPON THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. IMPLEMENTATION OF THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AMEND AND IT IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY LICENSING GRANTS OR COMMITMENTS UNDER THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS POLICY OR OTHERWISE. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION GRANTING YOU ACCESS TO THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS, YOU DO HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ASSOCIATED HEREWITH INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE CLAIMS DISCUSSED BELOW, AS WELL AS CLAIMS OF DETRIMENTAL RELIANCE.
The OCF logo is a trademark of Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. in the United States or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Copyright © 2016-2019 Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copying or other form of reproduction and/or distribution of these works are strictly prohibited.