OCF Specifications Under IPR Review
June 24, 2019 – August 23, 2019
On June 24, 2019, the Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. posted the following Specifications and CRs for 60-day member IPR review. The review period will close on August 23, 2019 at 5:00pm Pacific Time. Comments can be submitted to OCF Administration and will be reviewed by the relevant Work Group.
Draft Specs and CRs for 60-day Member IPR Review – OCF "Essen" Release
- Security Specification
- CR 2925 - Security Specification with no Cloud content
- CR 2763 - Device Types for security-related entities
- CR 2876 - Ensuring proper and consistent usage of Resource and Resource Type
- CR 2906 - Access Token format clarification
- CR 2910 - removal of ACE during onboarding is not precise enough
- CR 2827 - ACE for created resource
- CR 2919 - Removing normative requirements on OBT
- CR 2857 - OBT Specification
- CR 2871 - Cloud Security Specification
- Core Specification
- CR 1546 - Split Core Specification into two [NOTE: This CR also incorporates changes for BZs 2837, 2838, and 2839]
- CR 1229 - New OCF Interface for CREATE operation [NOTE: This CR also incorporates changes for BZs 2760, 2761, and 2880]
- CR 2846 - Use of the Baseline OCF Interface for UPDATE
- CR 2363 - Actions on Device Reset
- CR 2759 - Partition clause 10.4 into text on CoAP multicast and text specific to multicast to /oic/res
- Core Optional Resources [NOTE: This incorporates CR 2758]
- Core Mandatory Resources
- Cloud Specification
- Bridging Specification
- Device Specification
- CR 2916 - SAFE: PV system (Device Specification)
- CR 2878 - New Water Purifier Device Type
- CR 2860 - Addition of enumeration types in OCF Device Spec
- CR 2781 - New Healthcare Device Types
- CR 2907 - Core Spec Split: Move Sections into Device Spec [NOTE: This CR was previously listed as CR 2758]
- Resource Type Specification
- CR 2901 - upgrade airflow to change the value of automode
- CR 2916 - Data Models for PVSystem (Resource Type Specification)
- CR 2917 - Re-add PM1 to airquality contaminanttype enumeration
- CR 2922 - Should oic.r.audio require "volume" and "mute" in every UPDATE request
- CR 2884 - New healthcare data models for Essen
- CR 2877 - New Water Purifier Device Type
Each member shall have sixty (60) days to review the above referenced specifications and CRs pursuant to the terms of the Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc.’s Intellectual Policy Rights Policy (the “IPR Policy”). Pursuant to Section 4.2 of the IPR Policy, Members seeking to exclude Necessary Claims from the Royalty Free License Grant in accordance with Section 4.1 of the IPR Policy must provide a complete and timely written notice of such intent (an “RF Exclusion Notice”) to the Executive Director utilizing the form linked no later than the deadline noted above.
Any comments received during this review period will be posted at: https://workspace.openconnectivity.org/kws/docsreview/.
For any questions related to these drafts, please contact OCF Administration.
Draft Candidate Specification Legal Disclaimer
THESE ARE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS ONLY AND HAVE NOT BEEN ADOPTED BY THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION. THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN REVIEW OF THE CURRENT STATE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS. THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION AND ITS MEMBERS RESERVE THE RIGHT WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU TO CHANGE ANY OR ALL PORTIONS HEREOF, DELETE PORTIONS HEREOF, MAKE ADDITIONS HERETO, DISCARD THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY OR OTHERWISE MODIFY THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS AT ANY TIME. YOU SHOULD NOT AND MAY NOT RELY UPON THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. IMPLEMENTATION OF THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AMEND AND IT IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY LICENSING GRANTS OR COMMITMENTS UNDER THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS POLICY OR OTHERWISE. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOUNDATION GRANTING YOU ACCESS TO THESE DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS, YOU DO HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ASSOCIATED HEREWITH INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE CLAIMS DISCUSSED BELOW, AS WELL AS CLAIMS OF DETRIMENTAL RELIANCE.
The OCF logo is a trademark of Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. in the United States or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Copyright © 2016-2019 Open Connectivity Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copying or other form of reproduction and/or distribution of these works are strictly prohibited.