OCF Security: An IoT Ecosystem Foundation to Build On
Dedicated to Ensuring Interoperable, Reliable and Secure IoT Innovations
For the IoT ecosystem to flourish, security must be integrated from inception, not as an afterthought. The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) is providing a clear starting point through a common security framework that allows reliable interoperability among devices from different manufacturers.
Benefits of the OCF Security Framework and Working Group:
Serious IoT Security That is Easy to Implement
- The OCF Security Framework sets a straightforward foundation, reducing the complexities of developing an IoT security solution from scratch while ensuring proper functionality and support for creative market differentiation.
- Development testing and qualification time is reduced through the OCF Security Framework and unique certification testing tool.
Banding Together to Thwart Security Threats
- Members of the OCF Security Working Group significantly benefit through the collaboration of its 300+ participating companies comprised of leading innovators across multiple industries.
- The OCF Security Working Group leverages the robust security expertise of its member companies to address potential exploits, implement and update security procedures, and protect user privacy.
- The OCF Security Group communicates security issues to other OCF working groups so solutions are collectively and quickly created. Those fixes are then provided to IoTivity, an open source community project, for rapid dissemination to the rest of the IoT industry.
Building Confidence with End Users
- The OCF Security Framework provides various strength levels of device-to-device authentication methods to ensure that IoT nodes only communicate with authorized entities.
- The initial release of the OCF Security Specification provides a strong security foundation with the flexibility to address future threats. In follow-up releases, higher levels of security are defined for applications in industries that require more rigorous authentication methods.
Expertise – Not Just Another Option
- Security is one of the cornerstones of the OCF with a dedicated working group and hundreds of member companies devoted to developing a flexible framework that adapts to the ever-changing landscape of IoT security.
- The OCF’s membership is comprised of leading technology companies from around the globe that are contributing their security resources towards the development of a secure, scalable IoT standard.
Specifications and Resources
Join the Open Connectivity Foundation
Become a leader in defining secure protocols and connectivity requirements that improve interoperability between the billions of devices making up the IoT.