The OCF Certification Program is still in development. OCF members who are interested in testing their devices are encouraged to attend our Plugfests. More information can be found on the members-only site.
Below are the steps for certification:
- Become an OCF Member, pay the applicable annual membership fee (e.g. $2,000 USD for Gold Membership), and sign the OCF Certification Mark and Licensing Agreement.
- Applicant vendor submits below information to the OCF Certification Body:
- Device and contact information
- Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS)
- Preferred OCF Authorized Test Laboratory (ATL)
- Upon approval of above information by OCF, applicant vendor sends their candidate OCF device to the selected ATL.
- ATL executes the tests according to the test plan and provides test logs to OCF Certification Body.
- If the device passes, vendor receives a certificate of conformity for that particular device. The certificate authorizes the vendor to use the certification mark on the certified device and in associated marketing material, according to OCF's Logo Usage Guidelines.
If the device fails, the vendor is notified of the failure and reason, no certificate is issued, and the vendor may not market the device as certified. The vendor is welcome to alter the device and retest.
Gain UPnP Certification rights by doing one of the following:
- Become an OCF Member, and pay the applicable annual membership fee (e.g. $2,000 USD for Gold Membership), and sign the UPnP Certification Testing and Licensing Agreement.
- Become a Non-Member Licensee by signing the UPnP Certification Testing and Licensing Agreement, Application Form, and paying the $5,000 USD annual fee.
- NOTE: former UPnP Forum Implementer members whose membership term is still valid can certify UPnP devices until the end of their term in 2016.
The detailed steps for UPnP certification can be found here.